2SLGBTQQIA+

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nobody is saying all the world is A or B? I don't look at it from a religious point of view; I look at it as we are a species like every other species; our general purpose is to eat and drink, pee and poop, have sex, and make babies. There's your A & B which is the majority of our species. Which, for the most part is the prime directive of all species on this planet. But when babies are made, some don't come out of the baby-making organ of pregnant people [were not allowed to call them women anymore] they don't always come out cookie-cutter to the majority.

Man, I can't count on two hands how many gay people I've met since I became active in the arts. I don't judge any of them. My bitch with this community is not how they feel or how they dress or identify. My problem starts when people say that I should feel a certain way about this, and if I disagree, I am a bigot. You can identify however you want, but biology says otherwise, so this is really a mental issue rather than a biological one. The same could be said of being gay. A & B are here to procreate, even if some deviate by mental state or by design. I don't judge people's sexual orientation because I don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedroom. My pushback is that a tiny minority is trying to completely undermine the construct of gender because of how they "feel." They aren't saying we are a new gender; they are saying they are one of the two genders, and well, they aren't; they just feel like they are. But wait! I just confused myself because a quick Google search revealed there are actually seven genders: agender, cisgender, genderfluid, genderqueer, intersex, gender nonconforming, and transgender. Disagreeing with that could get you arrested in some countries.
Gays and lesbians make perfect sense in an evolutionary sense. It's does crossover into other pack animals like wolves or gorillas too.

There are dominant pairs that breed and keep order and there are subordinates who don't breed but are doing their share in caring for the young, protection of territory and assisting the top dogs when hunting or off defending territory.

In our abundant world the extended family isn't necessary for survival but in other parts of the world where family is neccesity for survival there are no genders, just roles in a family.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nobody is saying all the world is A or B? I don't look at it from a religious point of view; I look at it as we are a species like every other species; our general purpose is to eat and drink, pee and poop, have sex, and make babies. There's your A & B which is the majority of our species. Which, for the most part is the prime directive of all species on this planet. But when babies are made, some don't come out of the baby-making organ of pregnant people [were not allowed to call them women anymore] they don't always come out cookie-cutter to the majority.

Man, I can't count on two hands how many gay people I've met since I became active in the arts. I don't judge any of them. My bitch with this community is not how they feel or how they dress or identify. My problem starts when people say that I should feel a certain way about this, and if I disagree, I am a bigot. You can identify however you want, but biology says otherwise, so this is really a mental issue rather than a biological one. The same could be said of being gay. A & B are here to procreate, even if some deviate by mental state or by design. I don't judge people's sexual orientation because I don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedroom. My pushback is that a tiny minority is trying to completely undermine the construct of gender because of how they "feel." They aren't saying we are a new gender; they are saying they are one of the two genders, and well, they aren't; they just feel like they are. But wait! I just confused myself because a quick Google search revealed there are actually seven genders: agender, cisgender, genderfluid, genderqueer, intersex, gender nonconforming, and transgender. Disagreeing with that could get you arrested in some countries.
Plenty of folk on here saying there are exactly two genders, and everybody is one or the other.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Plenty of folk on here saying there are exactly two genders, and everybody is one or the other.

Yes, but let's not let reality get in the way of the fantasy/hysterical fiction.

Gender and sex used to be combined because people thought the two were the same. Then we learned they're not. Gender is a shitton more complex than actual 'sex' - or the parts your born with and the "feelings" you have for people ((which decries the "because of how they feel" of people)) - and the more it's looked into, the more people learn. And why we're looking into it is because until more 'modern' curiosities, people didn't give a damn to want to learn; hell, even today you can't get most people to talk more openly about sex at all, let alone gender.

I consider myself gender-fluid, though I'm not sure if that totally fits, but it's close enough for me. And it's not *just* feelings, but I don't expect anyone else to get it, especially if they're okay with being the gender they are.

When it comes to "Cis", I don't like using the prefix simply because I've seen it used to be derogatory to non-trans people. But I do get it; it's not a new thing per say, it's just a way now to easier say non-trans person. I get it's not "meant" to be an insult, but people are assholes and some people do.

The reality is, if it doesn't matter that much, then the people whining, bitching and hating the most shouldn't give a damn. Just be "okay, sorry I misgendered" and be on their way. But it's not. They make it out like they're being so oppressed just to be asked to be *respectful*. And that's what a lot of it boils down to.

Respect.

Are there some that take it too far, make it more of an issue? Sure, absolutely. Again, assholes in every group. But if you're going to go out of your way to be an asshole to people, don't be so asshurt when you get called out on it.

And lies like "We're not allowed to call people "mothers" or "women" don't help either. They do help you spot the rabid haters and bigots though, rather quickly. You can call people mothers, women, lactating mothers or WTF ever. But it's to respect the fact that NOT ALL people who give birth are mothers - they may be gender fluid or gender neutral, or trans, for example (in the case of a trans man wanting kids before surgeries) - and not all people who have breasts and a vagina are women.

But to get the haters and bigots to understand that is like digging a hole to China - stupid, dumb and pointless.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I thought it was 72 genders, or maybe that’s 72 virgins? I think I’m in the wrong thread. I’ll just back out slowly and close the door.
It is a 72 year old virgin. Probably the confusion can be attributed to google Translate. Going to be very depressing for the believers when they find this out.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Yes, but let's not let reality get in the way of the fantasy/hysterical fiction.

Gender and sex used to be combined because people thought the two were the same. Then we learned they're not. Gender is a shitton more complex than actual 'sex' - or the parts your born with and the "feelings" you have for people ((which decries the "because of how they feel" of people)) - and the more it's looked into, the more people learn. And why we're looking into it is because until more 'modern' curiosities, people didn't give a damn to want to learn; hell, even today you can't get most people to talk more openly about sex at all, let alone gender.

I consider myself gender-fluid, though I'm not sure if that totally fits, but it's close enough for me. And it's not *just* feelings, but I don't expect anyone else to get it, especially if they're okay with being the gender they are.

When it comes to "Cis", I don't like using the prefix simply because I've seen it used to be derogatory to non-trans people. But I do get it; it's not a new thing per say, it's just a way now to easier say non-trans person. I get it's not "meant" to be an insult, but people are assholes and some people do.

The reality is, if it doesn't matter that much, then the people whining, bitching and hating the most shouldn't give a damn. Just be "okay, sorry I misgendered" and be on their way. But it's not. They make it out like they're being so oppressed just to be asked to be *respectful*. And that's what a lot of it boils down to.

Respect.

Are there some that take it too far, make it more of an issue? Sure, absolutely. Again, assholes in every group. But if you're going to go out of your way to be an asshole to people, don't be so asshurt when you get called out on it.

And lies like "We're not allowed to call people "mothers" or "women" don't help either. They do help you spot the rabid haters and bigots though, rather quickly. You can call people mothers, women, lactating mothers or WTF ever. But it's to respect the fact that NOT ALL people who give birth are mothers - they may be gender fluid or gender neutral, or trans, for example (in the case of a trans man wanting kids before surgeries) - and not all people who have breasts and a vagina are women.

But to get the haters and bigots to understand that is like digging a hole to China - stupid, dumb and pointless.
There are two genders. The fact that you can never remember which one you are and must be continuously reminded says more abut you, than normal people.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Gender and sex used to be combined because people thought the two were the same.
Huh? When?
And lies like "We're not allowed to call people "mothers" or "women" don't help either. They do help you spot the rabid haters and bigots though, rather quickly. You can call people mothers, women, lactating mothers or WTF ever.

Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
There are two genders. The fact that you can never remember which one you are and must be continuously reminded says more abut you, than normal people.

LOL - thank you for showing your ignorance, Taxie.

It's not, of course, a matter of "not remembering" which gender I am. Rather knowing that I am not *just* the one I look like.

But it's not like you would get that, or want to get it.

It's okay to be afraid, Taxie, just stop trying to push your fear onto others.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Fruad and perversion.

About Dr. Money​

Born in Morrinsville, New Zealand, John William Money emigrated to the United States in 1947 and received his Ph.D from Harvard University in 1952. In 1966, Dr. Money founded the Gender Identity Clinic at Johns Hopkins University and started an extensive research program on the psychohormonal treatment of paraphilias and on sex reassignment. Money formulated, defined, and coined the term "gender role" and later expanded it to gender-identity/role (G-I/R). In 1961, he proposed the hypothesis that androgen is the libido hormone for both sexes.

Extending his research from the clinic to clinical history, Dr. Money wrote about the 18th century origins and present consequences of antisexualism in The Destroying Angel: Sex, Fitness, and Food in the Legacy of Degeneracy Theory, Graham Crackers, Kellogg's Corn Flakes, and American Health History (1985). Venuses Penuses: Sexology, Sexosophy, and Exigency Theory (1986) is an anthology of his theoretically significant writings. His publications also cover the philosophy and methodology of science in the practice of clinical psychoendocrinology and sexology, includingUnspeakable Monsters in All Our Lives: The Complete Interviewer and Clinical Biographer, Exigency Theory and Sexology, and many other monographs.