Atheists rise up!

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
So, it doesn't end loneliness or enslavement or irrelevance or misunderstanding? Just the fear of them?

Heck, dope'll do that, and a lot cheaper!
By “it“ you mean “perfect love,” TB? It only costed the giver - his life.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Please tell us what you mean by “got better”, TB.
You know when you're healthy, then you get sick, then (hopefully) you get healthy again? You say you "got better."

Kinda like that. Jesus was alive, then he was dead, then he was alive again. Assuming "alive" is better than "dead," he got better.

Leastways that's what your Really Old Book tells us.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
You know when you're healthy, then you get sick, then (hopefully) you get healthy again? You say you "got better."

Kinda like that. Jesus was alive, then he was dead, then he was alive again. Assuming "alive" is better than "dead," he got better.

Leastways that's what your Really Old Book tells us.
So, Jesus was ill, died and resurrected? That’s the redemptive narrative in the Bible?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So, Jesus was ill, died and resurrected? That’s the redemptive narrative in the Bible?
None of it makes any sense to me. Why did Gawd demand a death to "save" everybody? Way I understand it, Gawd made the rules, and Gawd can change the rules. So if Gawd wants folk to be saved, why don't he just say "OK, everybody's saved?"

Reactions: Taxslave2

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
None of it makes any sense to me. Why did Gawd demand a death to "save" everybody? Way I understand it, Gawd made the rules, and Gawd can change the rules. So if Gawd wants folk to be saved, why don't he just say "OK, everybody's saved?"
What do you make of the animal sacrificial system instituted by God among ancient Hebrews?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What do you make of the animal sacrificial system instituted by God among ancient Hebrews?
Me? I think they created a Gawd in their own image.

I prefer the custom of potlatching. You demonstrate your power and value by giving away stuff. Useful stuff. To folks who can use it.

By the way, to quote Stephen from Braveheart, "Quit changin' the subject and answer the fockin' question."